Mother’s Day is only a couple of weeks away, and if you’re anything like me it’s at this stage you start to panic….. there are endless possibilities and an array of fabulous choices, we often will defer so long that we wind up rushing off last minute to pick out a box of chocolates, perfume, or flowers. It’s not that these aren’t good ideas, but this year why not plan ahead and put some extra thought, creativity, and imagination into making the most special woman in your life feel loved and spoiled? Remember, this is the woman who loved you first and best, changed soiled diapers, lost endless amounts of sleep caring for you, read umpteen bedtime stories, and would lay down her life for you.
As a mother, these are some ideas that really spoke to me:
- Favourite flowers are always a great idea with the emphasis on “favourite.” Mine happen to be white roses, white lilies or peonies;
- A spa treatment, such as a manicure, pedicure, or facial is always a welcome and relaxing treat;
- Theatre tickets to an upcoming production;
- Brunch at her favorite restaurant, and dinner as well if it’s in the budget;
- Hobby supplies;
- Movie tickets;
- Anything for her newest electronic gizmo, specifically the iPhone 6 or 6+;
- But of course the most-coveted gift is often time – I know that time spent with each of my children, whether in taking a walk, riding a bike, horseback riding, retail therapy, or a beach picnic not only provides that critical one-on-one, but it’s also more memorable on Mother’s Day. Spending quality time alone with each one of the loves of my life would make my Mother’s Day extraordinary!
My next two posts over the next two days, are quick and easy, handmade and personal gifts that children will enjoy participating and creating.